Psychology Graduation Ceremonies
The Psychology Department would like to invite you to this year's graduation ceremonies for our Graduate and Undergraduate students. We will be hosting our annual Hooding Ceremonies on Thursday, May 24th in the Seven Hills Conference Center, as well as the Undergraduate Recognition Ceremony on Friday, May 25th in the Gymnasium on campus. These ceremonies are a chance for students to be recognized for their accomplishments in front of family, friends and peers.
More information about both ceremonies, including how to purchase tickets on our Upcoming Events Page
Honors Program Applications Due June 8th!
Applications for the 2018-19 Undergraduate Honors program are due to the Psychology Office by noon on Friday, June 8. To be eligible for the program you must:
- Have a written recommendation from a Psychology Department faculty member
- Have a upper division GPA of 3.5 or better
- Have earned at least 90 units before the start of the Fall 18
- Have completed at least 12 units of upper division psychology coursework at SF State
- Have completed one upper division research methods and or statistics course with a grade of "B" or better.
The application and complete instructions and requirements can be found HERE.
Graduate Student Thesis/Research Support
The Psychology Department was able to support 15 graduate student research projects for the current year. We will post updates about the specific projects as they are completed.
The Core requirements consist of PSY 200, 303, 305GWAR, 371, 400 and 690. Students must earn a grade of C or better in all core classes and a grade of CR must be earned in 303 and 690. Courses 200, 305, 371 and 400 must be taken for a letter grade. There are three basic areas in which students must complete 6 units apiece, for a total of 18 units. Additionally, students must complete 9 units from upper division Psychology electives or from any basic areas.
Students that need to fulfill the Mandatory Advising Requirement must complete the following:
- Print the Psychology Mandatory Advising from the website. Mandatory Advising Form (PDF)
- Meet with a faculty advisor during their office hours. Find an advisor on the psychology information board, or on the website at: http://psychology.sfsu.edu/home/contact.html
- Discuss your plans and address any questions you might have about the major with your advisor and obtain their signature.
- Submit signed form to EP 301 for advising clearance.
Psychology Major Program Impaction