Summer 2017: Study in Chengdu, China!
We are excited to offer a study abroad program in Chengdu, China for the summer of 2017. Students will have the opportunity to join Psychology faculty to work with pre-kindergarten through grade 12 students and schools in Chengdu, the capital of the Sichuan province. All psychology majors with experience working with children and adolescents are encouraged to apply. More information here.
We will have two informational sessions hosted by Psi Chi on Wednesday, December 7 and 14 from 6:00-7:00p in EP 304. Come and learn more about the program!
Change of Major Application- Now Available
Applications for declaring a major or change of major will be accepted from September 30th - November 30th, 2016 for the entry into the major effective Fall 2017. Late applications will not be accepted.
Students must meet the following minimum requirements to be considered for admission:
- Complete PSY 200 (or equivalent) with a grade of C or better
- Have completed a minimum of 60 units by the end of the Spring 2017 semester
- GPA of at least 2.0 and must not be on academic probation, subject to disqualification, or other academic hold
If you wish to apply, please fill out the application and submit it to EP 301.
The Psychology Department is now accepting Graduate Applications for the 2017-2018 Academic Year
Please visit our Graduate website for more information and access to the application here
Prospective Graduate Student Open House: November 30th from 7PM - 9PM
For more information about this event, please visit the Psychology Graduate website!
The Core requirements consist of PSY 200, 303, 305GWAR, 371, 400 and 690. Students must earn a grade of C or better in all core classes and a grade of CR must be earned in 303 and 690. Courses 200, 305, 371 and 400 must be taken for a letter grade. There are three basic areas in which students must complete 6 units apiece, for a total of 18 units. Additionally, students must complete 9 units from upper division Psychology electives or from any basic areas.
Students that need to fulfill the Mandatory Advising Requirement must complete the following:
- Print the Psychology Mandatory Advising from the website. Mandatory Advising Form (PDF)
- Meet with a faculty advisor during their office hours. Find an advisor on the psychology information board, or on the website at: http://psychology.sfsu.edu/home/contact.html
- Discuss your plans and address any questions you might have about the major with your advisor and obtain their signature.
- Submit signed form to EP 301 for advising clearance.
Psychology Major Program Impaction