Peer Advisers are junior and senior psychology students earning course credit to provide guidance to students about the Psychology major. Peer Advisers provide the following services:
- Descriptions of their favorite Psychology courses.
- Guidance when developing a Course Roadmap for the Psychology Major.
- Information about resources within the Psychology Department.
How to Meet with a Psychology Peer Adviser:
All in-person office hours are cancelled for Spring 2020 due to health concerns. Psychology Peer Advising will be available online through Zoom video conferencing. Click on the Zoom link using your computing device (or smart phone) that has both a video camera + microphone. Try to use Chrome or Firefox web browsers (not Safari) when on a computer. You will be placed in a virtual waiting room if the peer adviser is busy with another student.
- Mondays 9am to 12pm: https://sfsu.zoom.us/j/682561425
- Mondays 12pm to 3pm: https://sfsu.zoom.us/j/854677147
- Mondays 3pm to 5pm: https://sfsu.zoom.us/j/564815428
- Tuesdays 10am to 1pm: https://sfsu.zoom.us/j/450584120
- Tuesdays 1pm to 4pm: https://sfsu.zoom.us/j/345101644
- Tuesdays 4pm to 7pm: https://sfsu.zoom.us/j/353166974
- Wednesdays 9am to 12pm: https://sfsu.zoom.us/j/593549461
- Wednesdays 1pm to 4pm: https://sfsu.zoom.us/j/532864610
- Thursdays 9am to 12pm: https://sfsu.zoom.us/j/622071336
- Thursdays 12pm to 3pm: https://sfsu.zoom.us/j/698769309
- Thursdays 6pm to 9pm: https://sfsu.zoom.us/j/154604436
How to Become a Peer Adviser:
- All Peer Advisers are enrolled PSY 680 Peer Advising for 3 units. This is a Psychology Major Elective course.
- Enrollment is through an application process and determined by the instructor.
- Applications for PSY 680 are reviewed during the course registration session of the prior semester (e.g., submit application in Spring to be a Peer Adviser in the Fall). Please complete this online application to apply (CLICK HERE TO APPLY)
PSY 680 Peer Advising Requirements:
- Be a junior or senior psychology major.
- Successful completion of PSY303.
- Have an overall GPA of 3.0 or better.
- Have at least 12 units in the major completed.
- Be interested in developing academic advising and coaching skills.
- Be conscientious about keeping appointments.
If you have questions, contact Prof. Kevin Eschleman (firstname.lastname@example.org).