Graduate Student Thesis/Research Support
The Psychology Department was able to support 15 graduate student research projects for the current year. We will post updates about the specific projects as they are completed.
Change of Major Application- Now Available
Applications for declaring a major or change of major will be accepted from October 1st - November 30th, 2017 for the entry into the major effective Fall 2018. Late applications will not be accepted.
Students must meet the following minimum requirements to be considered for admission:
- Complete PSY 200 (or equivalent) with a grade of C or better
- Have completed a minimum of 60 units by the beginning of the Fall 2018 semester
- GPA of at least 2.0 and must not be on academic probation, subject to disqualification, or other academic hold
If you wish to apply, please fill out the application and submit it to EP 301.
The Core requirements consist of PSY 200, 303, 305GWAR, 371, 400 and 690. Students must earn a grade of C or better in all core classes and a grade of CR must be earned in 303 and 690. Courses 200, 305, 371 and 400 must be taken for a letter grade. There are three basic areas in which students must complete 6 units apiece, for a total of 18 units. Additionally, students must complete 9 units from upper division Psychology electives or from any basic areas.
Students that need to fulfill the Mandatory Advising Requirement must complete the following:
- Print the Psychology Mandatory Advising from the website. Mandatory Advising Form (PDF)
- Meet with a faculty advisor during their office hours. Find an advisor on the psychology information board, or on the website at: http://psychology.sfsu.edu/home/contact.html
- Discuss your plans and address any questions you might have about the major with your advisor and obtain their signature.
- Submit signed form to EP 301 for advising clearance.
Psychology Major Program Impaction