Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
The Psychology Department offers a Bachelors of Arts in Psychology. We currently do not offer a Minor program.
Want to change your major to Psychology?
Just submit a online change of major request in your Student Center.
- Requested College: choose "67" College of Science & Engineering
- Requested Major: type "%PSY" and choose Psychology
Note: if you have not earned at least 60 units, you will need to email the PSY instructors for a permit number to add PSY major classes.
Can Psychology courses from other institutions transfer towards the Psychology Major at SF State?
- Only Psychology courses from a University level institution can course substitute towards the PSY courses 300 level and above (community college courses do not count)
- The only course that can course substitute from a community college for the Psychology Major is for PSY 200 "General Psychology"
- PSY courses can only be credited towards one Major or Minor at a time.
- You must have already submitted an official transcript from the University instutition to SF State.
- You must submit a Course Substitution form and submit a syllbus for each course to be evaluted by the PSY commitee