Undergraduate Students

Bachelor of Arts in Psychology

The Psychology Department offers a Bachelors of Arts in Psychology. We currently do not offer a Minor program.

Want to change your major to Psychology?

You have to meet the three requirements below and email psych@sfsu.edu for an evaluation for the major change.

  • Passed a "General Psychology" course with a "C" or better
  • Have earned at least 60 units
  • Meet the overall Cumulative GPA of 2.7 or better

Change of Major or Minor FAQ

Can Psychology courses from other institutions transfer towards the Psychology Major at SF State?

  • Only Psychology courses from a University level institution can course substitute towards the PSY courses 300 level and above (community college courses do not count)
  • The only course that can course substitute from a community college for the Psychology Major is for PSY 200 "General Psychology"
  • PSY courses can only be credited towards one Major or Minor at a time.
  • You must have already submitted an official transcript from the University instutition to SF State.
  • You must submit a Course Substitution form and submit a syllbus for each course to be evaluted by the PSY commitee